The Development Department at Women In Distress is always looking for community members who want to give back through the work of the department. We have many opportunities including:
- Events – planning and conducting events
- 3rd Party events – facilitating and communicating with the many businesses, organizations, and groups who conduct fundraisers to support Women In Distress
- Remote opportunity: Answering telephone and email inquiries (for the Development Department, NOT domestic violence abuse hotline)
- Remote opportunity: In the community – contacting supporting businesses to acquire silent auction items for events
- General office assistance – assistance with mailings, data management, copying and scanning, etc.
- Thrift Store – There are many volunteer opportunities at our Thrift Store location in Margate. Accepting donations; sorting, pricing and displaying items for sale; pick up of donated furniture; store cleaning and organizations, etc.
Share your time and expertise with us and help keep domestic violence survivors and their children safe!
Indirect Volunteer Position Description
Our Indirect Service Volunteers are volunteers that have gone through our orientation and background checks and are able to assist the agency in important tasks that do not involve survivors.