August Bright Star: Publix Charities
Survivors fleeing abusive relationships often arrive scared and emotionally exhausted with nothing more than the clothes on their back and their children under their arms. At Women In Distress, our survivors oftentimes get to choose the meals they serve their families for the first time. Control over the simplest decisions is often part of the pattern of domestic violence. Funding from Publix Charities for food in our emergency shelter not only provides basic needs, but also empowers our survivors to make independent decisions on what they feed their children for dinner.
Publix Charities has also provided funding which helped with other vital improvements in our emergency shelter.
Thanks to Publix Charities for partnering with us in our mission to stop domestic violence abuse for everyone through intervention, education and advocacy. With their help we continue to provide critical services to more than 730 survivors of domestic violence and their children over the year. We are grateful for Publix Charities who are making such a positive impact in the lives of these survivors and in our community.
PARTNERSHIPS MAKE AN IMPACT
Each of us possesses a remarkable gift: the power to help. We exercise it by listening to one another, lending a hand, sharing resources and showing kindness.
Successful partnerships are fundamental to supporting the families we serve. Women In Distress of Broward County has created long lasting partnerships with individuals, foundations, government and corporations in our community who have made the commitment to ensure we are able to provide vital support services to survivors of domestic violence and their families, free of charge – giving hope and a chance for a new start to families in crisis.
LEVELS OF SUPPORT
Partnerships are both formal and informal and fall into a variety of categories from individuals who give monetary donations or donate new or gently used items to our Thrift Store, to Impact Partners who support our mission with necessary grants and gifts that enable us to provide shelter, counseling and education to survivors of domestic violence.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR IMPACT PARTNERS
The following Partners enhance the services we provide to the women, children, and men we serve. Their ideas, wisdom and philanthropic investments help us to continue reaching our goal of keeping families safe:
IMPact PARTNER benefits
Impact Partner Recognition
- Name/Logo recognition in WID annual report as an Impact Partner (3,500 printed + online e-version)
- Logo on Impact Partner Page of WID website with description & link to your website (4,000 hits/month)
- Company profile in our e-newsletter (sent to 12,000+ supporters)
Opportunities for your employees to be engaged as partners
- Volunteer opportunities on our campus for individuals and/or groups of up to 25 employees at one time:
- Provide one-time, quarterly, or ongoing professional services to our families, such as mentoring, tutoring.
- Organize activities for families, for example: a family field day with games, water day with different water activities, pancake breakfast, etc.
- Involvement with our donation drives: Back-To-School Driving to collect school supplies for the children of families who receive services at WID; collecting food for Thanksgiving meals or gifts & toys for the Winter Holidays, and/or coming together as a group at our facility to organize the donations.
- Option to receive a presentation on domestic violence at the workplace
For information on how you or your company can become an Impact Partner, please contact Cindy Bibliowicz, Director of Marketing & Development at: