January 2020 Impact Partner Spotlight
Why does Cox Media Group support and partner with Women In Distress (WID)?
We understand the history of Women In Distress and the organization’s growth from a small shelter for survivors of domestic abuse, to a force for change and advocacy for laws that will save lives in our community.
What initially enticed Cox Media Group to sponsor Women In Distress?
When we became aware of the pervasiveness of abusive relationships – among people of all ages, backgrounds, even genders – in our Community, and spoke to individual survivors who were able to pick up the pieces of their lives due to the support of Women In Distress, we couldn’t turn our backs on the issue.
How does WID help fulfill and strengthen Cox Media Group’s charitable mission?
When we partner with Women In Distress, we’re able to touch people in every corner of the community. Domestic violence affects more than just those in the abusive relationship – it has a ripple effect that impacts children, family members, friends and co-workers. Women In Distress changes lives for the better – a key mission for Cox Media Group.
What is Cox Media Group’s philosophy regarding community?
We believe that ‘Community’ is more than just a group of people living in the same area. It’s about the relationships between people, the support people provide to each other, and the coming together of people to make a neighborhood a ‘home,’ to make neighbors ‘family’ and to provide the best life possible for all.
Any other thoughts you would like to share about our partnership?
Understanding that too many people are still afraid to speak up about domestic violence, that there is still a stigma attached to being in an abusive relationship – despite the fact that it affects people of all socioeconomic backgrounds – we want to be a voice for Women In Distress, the thousands of people who benefit from the organization’s work, and the thousands more who have yet to seek assistance. We are committed to using our reach in the community to:
- Spread the word about Women In Distress and let people know there’s someone available to help 24 hours a day.
- Help reduce the stigma associated with domestic violence by talking about it openly.
- Assist in educating people about the signs to look for and the elements of a healthy relationship.
- Further the cause of Women In Distress in saving lives and ultimately reducing the prevalence of domestic abuse.
Thank you to our Impact Partner, Cox Media Group, for putting people first and making a huge difference in our community, one family at a time.
For information on how to become an Impact Partner with Women In Distress please contact Jacqueline House, Associate Director of Development, at 954-760-9800 ext. 1237 or jhouse@WomenInDistress.org
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR IMPACT PARTNERS
The following Partners enhance the services we provide to the women, children, and men we serve. Their ideas, wisdom and philanthropic investments help us to continue reaching our goal of keeping families safe:
PARTNERSHIPS MAKE AN IMPACT
Each of us possesses a remarkable gift: the power to help. We exercise it by listening to one another, lending a hand, sharing resources and showing kindness.
Successful partnerships are fundamental to supporting the families we serve. Women In Distress of Broward County has created long-lasting partnerships with individuals, foundations, government and corporations in our community who have made the commitment to ensure we are able to provide vital support services to survivors of domestic violence and their families, free of charge – giving hope and a chance for a new start to families in crisis.
LEVELS OF SUPPORT
Partnerships are both formal and informal and fall into a variety of categories from individuals who give monetary donations or donate new or gently used items to our Thrift Store, to Impact Partners who support our mission with necessary grants and gifts that enable us to provide shelter, counseling and education to survivors of domestic violence.
IMPact PARTNER benefits
Impact Partner Recognition
- Name/Logo recognition in WID annual report as an Impact Partner (3,500 printed + online e-version)
- Logo on Impact Partner Page of WID website with link to your website (4,000 hits/month)
- Company profile in our e-newsletter (sent to 11,000+ supporters)
Opportunities for your employees to be engaged as partners
- Volunteer opportunities on our campus for individuals and/or groups of up to 25 employees at one time:
- Provide one-time, quarterly, or ongoing professional services to our families, such as mentoring, tutoring.
- Organize activities for families, for example, a family field day with games, water day with different water activities, pancake breakfast, etc.
- Involvement with our donation drives: Back to School Campaign to collect school supplies for the children of families who receive services at WID; collecting food for Thanksgiving meals or gifts & toys for the Winter Holidays, and/or coming together as a group at our facility to organize the donations.
- Option to receive a presentation on domestic violence at the workplace
For more information on how to become an Impact Partner with Women In Distress please contact Jacqueline House, Development Manager at 954-760-9800 ext. 1237 or jhouse@WomenInDistress.org