Women In Distress Leadership Team is composed of a dedicated Board of Directors and Trustees, as well as an executive staff who together strive to fulfill our mission. The Board of Directors consists of highly dedicated individuals representing our diverse community with various professional backgrounds including executives, domestic violence survivors, legal experts, law enforcement, government officials, financial professionals, and high-profile community philanthropists who oversee our President and CEO, Linda L. Parker, Ph.D.
Dr. Parker joined Women In Distress in 2020 with a wealth of professional experience in both human service and domestic violence services and as an educator and administrator at the university level. Notably, her vast experience includes Executive Director of Victim Services at the Peace River Center in Lakeland, Florida; director and vice president positions at William Penn University in West Des Moines, Iowa; and adjunct professor at both William Penn University and the Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, New Hampshire. Earlier in her career, Linda was a domestic violence advocate at Children and Families of Iowa and worked as a counselor for women transitioning from prison.
Most recently, Dr. Parker was elected by her peers to serve as board chair of a newly formed statewide coalition, Florida Partnership to End Domestic Violence (FPEDV), whose membership includes all Florida state-certified domestic violence centers.
Dr. Parker earned her BA degree from Grandview University in Des Moines and has masters and doctorate degrees in psychology from Walden University in Minneapolis.
Board of Directors
- Billie Grieb, Community Volunteer, Chair
- Sean Riley, UBS Financial Services, First Chair
- Beth Wallace, Universal Property & Casualty Insurance, Second Chair
- Maria Guttuso, JM&A Group, Treasurer
- Michael Ryan, Freedland Harwin Valori, Secretary
- Kim Bentley, Community Volunteer, Past Chair
- Linda L. Parker, Ph.D., Women In Distress, President & CEO
- Mary Campagnano, Campagnano Executive Recruiting
- Michelle Claverol, BBX Capital
- Stephanie Coker, Broward Sheriff’s Office
- Linda Garrett, Community Volunteer
- Manju Kalidindi, Attorney at Law
- Cecile Leroux, UKG
- Karen Leikert, Wells Fargo Bank
- Julissa Merette, Memorial Hospital Pembroke
- Phyllis Thomas, The Thomas Family Foundation
- Jill Wallace-Ross, Nova Southeastern University
Board of Trustees
- Linda Garrett, Community Volunteer, Chair
- Richard Bernstein, Broward College
- Anne Chervony, Risk Management Services
- Joanne Gaines, Centennial Bank
- Kathleen Grace, Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management
- Lois Herman, Community Volunteer
- Cynthia Imperato, CGI Consultants
- Beatriz “BJ” Prillaman, Community Volunteer
- John Primeau, Centennial Bank
- Karen Sylvester, JM Family Enterprises
- Judith Thiel, Philanthropist
- Emily Jaffe, Rewards Network
- Josette Van Putten, Community Volunteer
- Keriann Worley, Douglas Elliman
Women In Distress Staff
Women In Distress employs over 75 full-time and part-time members of the community under the direction and leadership of President & CEO Linda L. Parker, Ph.D.
All staff and volunteers are trained and certified according to the Florida statute for “Victim Advocate Privilege” and also maintain an additional 24 hours of training annually. Women In Distress requires all staff and volunteers privileged to go through Core Competency Training, which provides 24 of the 30 training hours required for all domestic violence advocates to be registered for domestic violence victim/advocate privilege pursuant to Florida Statutes 90.5036 and 39.905. Staff, volunteers and interns at Women In Distress also participate in six hours of observational learning.
- Linda L. Parker, Ph.D., President and CEO
- Shena Kitt, Chief Operations Officer
- Jeffrey Metcalf, Chief Development Officer
- Amanda maccormack, director of programs
- Gisele GElin, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Barron, Director of Major and Planned Gifts
- Juliana Chereji, Esq., IFP Program Director
- Diane Penha-Smith, Director of Human Resources