Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
We are currently in the process of rebuilding and re-opening our volunteer program, which was placed on hold due to the Covid-19 pandemic. If you’re interested in staying informed regarding updates and information, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your name and email address to our interest list.
If you are looking for something more immediate or are not interested in being added to the list, our Development Department is always looking for community members who want to give back through the work of the department. We have many in-person and virtual volunteer opportunities available including helping out the Women In Distress Thrift Store in Margate. Please email email@example.com.
volunteers are an important part of the women in distress team
At Women In Distress, we have many different types of ways to volunteer and provide much-needed support and services to our center and community. Below are the different types of opportunities available with their descriptions and requirements. Volunteers play an important role in helping to keep families safe as they rebuild their violence-free lives.
If you are interested in volunteering with Women In Distress, please complete our Volunteer Application below:
Also, please provide three references using the Volunteer Reference Form below:
Upon receiving your application and references, we will contact you via email to set up an interview. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All volunteer opportunities require a background check and agency training.
Direct Service Volunteers
Our Direct Service Volunteers are volunteers that have obtained clearance through our 30-hour Core Competency training to work directly with our participants in our center. Volunteer areas include assisting our advocates with updating participant files; supervising children in our Respite program while mom or dad meets with an advocate; and more.
Please note: direct service volunteer opportunities require a commitment of 3 hours/week for at least 6 months, a 3-hour volunteer orientation plus the 30 hour Core Competency training, and background checks.
Indirect Service Volunteers
Our Indirect Service Volunteers are volunteers that have gone through our orientation and background checks and are able to assist the agency in important tasks that do not involve survivors. Volunteer areas include helping at our Thrift Store; assisting with agency events; administrative tasks; putting together welcome baskets for our survivors; and more.
Development Department Volunteer Opportunities
The Development Department at Women In Distress is always looking for community members who want to give back through the work of the department. We have many opportunities including:
- Events – planning and conducting events
- 3rd Party events – facilitating and communicating with the many businesses, organizations, and groups who conduct fundraisers to support Women In Distress
- Remote opportunity: Answering telephone and email inquiries (for the Development Department, NOT domestic violence abuse hotline)
- Remote opportunity: In the community – contacting supporting businesses to acquire silent auction items for events
- General office assistance – assistance with mailings, data management, copying and scanning, etc.
- Thrift Store – There are many volunteer opportunities at our Thrift Store location in Margate. Accepting donations; sorting, pricing and displaying items for sale; pick up of donated furniture; store cleaning and organizations, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Submit a volunteer application and 3 references
- Complete a background check and all requisite training.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Provide a Professional Service
Would you like to provide a service such as salon, spa, or makeover services, financial literacy, tutoring, Dress for Success, and/or interviewing skills, etc.
Interested in volunteering with a group? There are several ways you can contribute and help our families, including hosting activities for families and children, cleaning & facility maintenance, Thrift Store operations, and more.