Donation drives are a great way, not only to get involved yourself, but to also get your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers involved in the important work of supporting victims of domestic violence.
See below for information on how you can participate in one of our drives as well as how you can start your own.
Welcome Home Baskets:
Our goal is to welcome each family who walks through our doors this year with a basket provided by our generous donors, showing our families that they are supported during this difficult time.
Collection unused cellphones and smartphones is a great way to give back. Proceeds from a cell phone collection can raise thousands of dollars for much-needed programs and services.
Help feed our families while they work to rebuild their lives. Non-perishable food donations are extremely important to Women In Distress.
Arts & Crafts for Kids:
We are looking for a group or organization to donate Arts & Crafts supplies for children participating in our programs. For more information:
CONTACT Melanie Wigren, Development Manageror
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A MONETARY DONATION
Back to School (July & August):
You can provide children with much needed supplies to excel this new school year.
Fall Fest (October):
Donate costumes for kids and teens and help give our kids a fun fall experience!
Help 300 families give thanks this season and consider donating food items for a thanksgiving meal.
Winter Holiday (December):
Make the season bright for a woman, man or child seeking services at Women In Distress. Consider giving the gift of hope.
Spring Cleaning (February – April):
Cleaning out your closets this Spring or looking to remove some clutter? Give to families in need and help rebuild lives.
Mother’s Day (April & May):
Honor a loved one by giving a mom at Women In Distress a happy holiday.
Host Your Own:
- Click here for our Donate Hope Packetwith details about how to host your own donation drive, the donation drive form, and a flyer to get the word out about your drive.
Want to promote your drive?
- Downloadand fill out a flyer to post at your school, business, or place of worship.
Donations of Professional Services needed:
If you are a business owner and would like to donate some hours to charity, we would love to hear from you: We are in need of the following services. For more information:
CONTACT Melanie Wigren, Development Manager
- Legal Services/ Family Attorney
- Automobile Mechanics
New items are a great asset to Women In Distress because they offset costs the agency would normally incur by buying these items. In most cases new items are given directly to participants residing in shelter or seeking outreach services at the Jim & Jan Moran Family Center.
- Click here for a list of new items we currently need
- New items may be dropped off at the Jim & Jan Moran Family Center Monday – Thursday 9am-9pm and Friday 9am-4pm.
Gently Used Items:
You can donate your gently used items to our Women In Distress Thrift Store. When you make tax-deductible donation of gently used clothing, furniture, and household items, you help end domestic violence in our community in two ways:
- Victims and their families are given vouchers and can select what they need from the store to help rebuild their lives and have a new beginning.
- Items are sold to the public and 100% of the net proceeds support our emergency shelter, counseling services and our other related programs.
- Click here for a list of gently used items we are always in need of
- Click here for drop-off locations and more information
- Click here to donate a car or truck
- Click here to donate your old cell phonesor send them to:
Women In Distress of Broward County, Inc.
P.O. Box 50187, Lighthouse Point, FL 33074
For more information or questions please contact Melanie Wigren, Development Manager, at: