One of the easiest (and fun!) ways you can get involved with Women In Distress is to host your own fundraising event at work, at home, or at play. Our Third Party Events program makes it easy for businesses, organizations, individuals and community groups to give back to Women In Distress through FUNraising events like casual jeans days, networking events, birthday celebrations, and more. Events where everyone gives just a little bit, adds up to significant donations to help us provide critical, life-saving programs and services such as safe emergency shelter, a 24-Hour Crisis Hotline, counseling and therapy, and so much more, for domestic violence abuse survivors and their children.
By organizing a third party event, you get more than you give. For instance, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, an affiliate of our longtime partner, Brown & Brown Insurance, recently raised $10,940 by holding a national Jeans Day employee fundraiser. Everyone gave just a little bit and these incredible employees helped us provide programs and services such as 83 nights of safe shelter for women, children and men fleeing domestic violence – just by wearing jeans to work!
In the months ahead, there are plenty of opportunities to get your colleagues, friends and families together for a good time while helping families in need. For local businesses, third party events are a great way to boost employee engagement. You can help your employees see first-hand the significant impact they can make in our community.
Giving back can help your company achieve its corporate philanthropy goals and support issues that impact our community. Simply put, it’s good business. Customers, employees and prospective employees want to feel connected to the company where they work or do business. Creating a culture of corporate philanthropy is a great way to engage your team and drive business. (Did we also mention the FUN?)
Ready to plan your event? Here are a few ways you can raise funds and awareness for Women In Distress:
- Collect Donations: Retailers can encourage their customers to help support Women In Distress by rounding up to the next dollar or adding a dollar or two to their purchase when they checkout at the cash register.
- Match Donations: Companies looking to maximize their impact in the community can launch a Match Campaign to double the impact of employee contributions. This is a great way to engage employees in local causes and gain positive publicity while supporting employees’ fundraising efforts.
- Workplace Giving Campaign: Women In Distress raises funds through several annual giving campaigns like the Back to School Campaign, Holiday Campaign, Mother’s Day Campaign and more. Join in our efforts by collecting funds for a campaign through a weekly or monthly deduction for a turnkey way to involve your employees in giving back.
- Host a Fundraiser: Host a Jeans Day, Facebook birthday fundraiser, chili cook-off, bake sale, trivia contest, happy hour, car wash, golf event, white elephant sale, or other type of fundraising event with your co-workers, friends, and family. The annual company holiday party is a perfect way to embody the spirit of the season while enjoying the company of your colleagues. The ideas and opportunities are endless!
- Designate Women In Distress as a beneficiary of your event: When your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating the proceeds to Women In Distress.
There’s no better time than now to start planning your third party event. Click here to download a Third Party Events Toolkit or contact Development Manager Jacqueline House at email@example.com or 954-760-9800 EXT. 1237.