A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of charitable investment account that provides an immediate tax benefit to you, the donor, and allows for you to recommend grants to charities of your choice. The account is controlled by a sponsoring organization that invests the assets and manages the account. As the owner of the account, your contributions are tax-deductible and you can recommend how much, and how often, you want to give money from your fund to your charities.
If you already have a donor advised fund and would like to designate a gift to Women In Distress, here are some steps you can follow:
- Decide on the contribution amount that you would like to grant to Women In Distress. Many DAF’s have a minimum amount for distributions.
- Your DAF may have a list of approved charities to choose from. Women In Distress should be on that list as we are an IRS registered 501©3 charity.
- If Women In Distress is not one of the charities approved by your fund, reach out to them to have us added.
- Contact your fund administrator to obtain and complete any forms required for the distribution.
- If your employer has a matching gifts program, check with them to see if they will match a distribution from your DAF.
- Ask your DAF administrator if you can make your favorite charities, like Women In Distress, recipients of recurring gifts from the fund.
Distributions from Donor Advised Funds are an important source of charitable gifts received each year by Women In Distress. If you are in need of any information to complete your distribution request, please contact Development Manager Jacqueline House at (954) 760-9800 ext. 1237 or via email.