Privately hosted events
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” It’s a quote often attributed to Winston Churchill. It’s debatable who actually said it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. However, when you spend the bulk of your time working, when do you have time to fit in giving? The good news is you don’t have to choose. With Women In Distress Privately Hosted Events Program, you can do both at once.
Our Privately Hosted Events Program makes it easy for businesses, organizations, community groups and individuals to give back to the community. It’s most popular with busy organizations who want to give back because it doesn’t require time outside of the office, activities are easy to plan, and it’s a fun way to build team morale and do a FUNdraising event to help Women In Distress financially support programs and services such as our safe emergency shelter, 24-Hour Crisis Hotline, and counseling and therapeutic hours for survivors and their children, and more.
It’s as easy as one, two, three!
- Plan an event you would like to host. (See below for some ideas)
- Fill out the application below and talk with Christine Goldman, our Privately Hosted Event Coordinator, for approval
- Hold your event!
We are here to help you along the way, just reach out.
There are lots of fun ways you can help. Here are a few FUNdraising ideas to get your creative juices going:
- Have a casual or jeans day where everyone in the office pays a couple of dollars to dress down on Fridays for a month or two. At the end of the month tally up the donations and make a donation to Women In Distress on behalf of your organization.
- Have a carnival-themed office FUN day and sell tickets to play made-up games. Make it a friendly competition and see which department can come up with the most creative games. Give low or no cost prizes (prizes you create or make up) to the winning teams. Take pictures of the festivities. Tally up the donations and make a donation to Women In Distress on behalf of your organization.
- Do you have people in your organization or office who always seem to know the latest trivia? Have a trivia contest and sell tickets for entry into the contest and then sell mulligans for do-overs. Be sure to share pictures with us of the festivities and then…tally up the donations and make a donation to Women In Distress on behalf of your business or organization.
- If you’re a retail establishment, you may designate a portion of your sales back to Women In Distress for a day, a week, or a month – or any period of time that you designate. You can put up signs to let your customers know how you are helping in the community.
- Or, come up with our own creative idea to raise funds while having FUN and building team morale in your business, community group, or organization.
Before you officially kick off your event, be sure to notify us of what you plan to do. You can download our Privately Hosted Event Application and Guidelines.
If you need more information or want to talk about your idea, please contact:
Events & Donation Drives Coordinator