|Why Support the Women In Distress Thrift Store
Whether you are donating or buying, 100% of the net proceeds support victims of domestic violence and the services needed to keep them and their children safe.
When you buy from us or make tax-deductible donations of gently used clothing, furniture, and household items, you help end domestic violence in our community in two ways:
- Victims and their families are given vouchers and can select what they need from the store to help rebuild their lives and have a new beginning.
- Items are sold to the public and 100% of the net proceeds support our emergency shelter, counseling services and our other related programs.
1372 North State Road 7 (between Copans Road and Coconut Creek Parkway)
Margate, FL 33063
Take a peek at the Thrift Store’s new look in our photo gallery! Scroll down to the album titled Women In Distress Thrift Store.
You can also see photos of the meet and greet with President & CEO, Mary Riedel, at the Sizzling Summer Savings Sale on our Facebook page!
Thrift Store Manager
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 10am-6pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 10am-5pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
Drop Off Hours & Locations
- Thrift Store: Tuesday through Saturday 10am – 4 pm (Furniture donations are taken at the front doors of the furniture department and all other donations are taken at the back of the store at door #1380.)
- Jim & Jan Moran Family Center: Monday through Thursday 9am – 9pm and Friday 9am – 5 pm
Donations of gently used clothing, furniture, household items and more are accepted at the Thrift Store. Click here for a listing of acceptable donations.
*At this time we are especially in need of clothing and shoes for toddlers, as well as school age children and teens. Also, clothing and shoes for men – especially big and tall sizes – would also be very much appreciated!
To schedule a furniture pickup, please contact the Thrift Store at 954-975-7425.
To volunteer at the Thrift Store, click here.