Volunteers are very important the thrift store’s ability to help meet the needs of families served by Women In Distress.
Volunteer shifts are flexible and available five days a week, Tuesday through Saturday 10AM-6PM.
While volunteering, typical tasks might include: sorting donations, tagging merchandise, hanging clothing, stocking shelves and racks, and straightening the sales floor. It’s a great way to earn service hours, meet new people, stay active, and give back to your community!
Community Service Hours:
- All community service volunteers are required to attend a 45 minute orientation session. This occurs on Tuesdays of each week precisely at 9:30 AM. Punctuality is important as once we begin the orientation we cannot start again.
- Please wear a red shirt or t-shirt if you plan on beginning your hours on the day of orientation.
- You an set your own work hours each week within the hours of the store.
- Please make sure to bring your appropriate documents from the organization sending you along with your time sheet to insure that you get credit for your hours worked.
- We recommend long pants or jeans and sneakers or shoes with closed toes. We cannot accept cutoffs, shorts, capris, low cut shirts/blouses, open toe shoes, sandals.
- You may not bring your children with you during your work shift.
- You should bring a combination lock to protect your valuables in your locker while working here at the store.