Volunteers are very important the thrift store’s ability to help meet the needs of families served by Women In Distress.
Volunteer shifts are flexible and available five days a week, Tuesday through Saturday 10AM-6PM.
While volunteering, typical tasks might include: sorting donations, tagging merchandise, hanging clothing, stocking shelves and racks, and straightening the sales floor. It’s a great way to earn service hours, meet new people, stay active, and give back to your community!
For more information on volunteering in our store, please contact our Thrift Store Manager, William Bracht at 954-760-9800 ext. 1503 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be at least 18 years of age, or part of a group function.
Community Service Hours:
- All community service volunteers are required to attend a 45 minute orientation session. This occurs on Tuesdays of each week precisely at 9:30 AM. Punctuality is important as once we begin the orientation we cannot start again.
- Please wear a red shirt or t-shirt if you plan on beginning your hours on the day of orientation.
- You an set your own work hours each week within the hours of the store.
- Please make sure to bring your appropriate documents from the organization sending you along with your time sheet to insure that you get credit for your hours worked.
- We recommend long pants or jeans and sneakers or shoes with closed toes. We cannot accept cutoffs, shorts, capris, low cut shirts/blouses, open toe shoes, sandals.
- You may not bring your children with you during your work shift.
- You should bring a combination lock to protect your valuables in your locker while working here at the store.