|General contributions provide a valuable source of unrestricted support that impacts every aspect of the mission of Women In Distress of Broward County, Inc. These gifts ensure that there will always be a safe place for families in our community. There are a variety of other ways to support Women In Distress and we welcome your involvement on all levels.
Donate Online – Click here to make a secure financial gift online.
Donate by Mail – Click here to make a donation by mail.
Donate by Phone – Please call 954-760-9800 x 1244
Donate by Text – Make a difference in less than five seconds by texting WID to 20222 to make a $10 donation.
- A one-time donation of $10.00 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Donor must be age 18+ and all donations must be authorized by the account holder (e.g. parents). By texting YES, the user agrees to the terms and conditions. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of Women In Distress by the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at www.hmgf.org/t. Message & Data Rates May Apply. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to short code 20222; text HELP to 20222 for help.
Host A Donation Drive
Donation drives are a great way, not only to get involved yourself, but to also get your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers involved in the important work of supporting victims of domestic violence.
- Click here for a list of our annual donation drives, drop off dates and locations, and more info.
- Click here for our Donate Hope Packet with details about how to host your own donation drive, the donation drive form, and a flyer to get the word out about your drive.
- Want to promote your drive? Click here to download and fill out a flyer to post at your school, business, or place of worship.
These gifts have a direct impact on Women In Distress, and allow for the agency to provide comfort and support to women, men and children, during difficult times. They provide a participant with the everyday essentials to move forward, while working toward building a new life for themselves and their family.
Donate New & Unused Items:
New items are a great asset to Women In Distress because they offset costs the agency would normally incur by buying these items. In most cases new items are given directly to participants residing in shelter or seeking outreach services at the Jim & Jan Moran Family Center. Click here for a list of new items we are currently in need of.
Donate Gently Used Items:
When you make tax-deductible donation of gently used clothing, furniture, and household items, you can have a direct impact on the life of a survivor of domestic violence. Click here for a list of gently used items we are always in need of.
Donate a Car or Truck: Women In Distress can greatly benefit from your gift of a car. Cars bring in large donations from our third party partner, and help us to provide the critical services we offer to survivors of domestic violence and their families. Click here for more details. Click here to submit a donation form.
Donate Cell Phones: Cell phones play an integral role in the safety plan of our participants, as they allow our participants to dial 911 in case of emergencies. Cell phones can also be recycled for a monetary donation to Women In Distress keeping useable and valuable materials out of landfills and incinerators.
If you have cell phones that you would like to donate to Women In Distress, please send them to Abby Glisson at Women In Distress of Broward County, Inc. at P.O. Box 50187 Lighthouse Point, FL 33074. Click here for more info.
Donate Your Time
You can have a direct impact on a life affected by domestic violence and make a positive difference by donating your time.
Volunteer: It is through the support and dedication of volunteers that we can provide families with a second chance. Volunteering at Women In Distress offers individuals in the community the chance to help keep families safe and be a part of a vital mission to end domestic violence for everyone. Click here to learn more about volunteering at Women In Distress
Donate professional services: If you are interested in providing a specialized service, such as makeovers, hair cuts, or financial planning for adults or children, please fill out this form and send it via email to Mare Workman, Development Associate.
Visit The Women In Distress Thrift Store
Whether you are donating or buying, 100% of the net proceeds support victims of domestic violence and the services needed to keep them and their children safe.
Shop: The Thrift Store offers a variety of items including women’s, children’s and men’s clothing, shoes and accessories, furniture, household items, electronics, and more! Click here to see the store’s special promotions page.
Donate: When you make a tax-deductible donation of gently used clothing, furniture, and household items, you help end domestic violence in our community in two ways:
- Victims and their families are given vouchers and can select what they need from the store to help rebuild their lives and have a new beginning.
- Items are sold to the public and 100% of the net proceeds support our emergency shelter, counseling services and outreach programs.
Click here for more information on the Women In Distress Thrift store.
For more information or questions please contact Abby Glisson at 954-760-9800 x 1244.