Ring In The New Year: Start the New Year off right and help save a life. Proceeds from a cell phone collection can raise thousands of dollars for much needed programs and services. Click here for more information.
New items are a great asset to Women In Distress because they offset costs the agency would normally incur by buying these items. In most cases new items are given directly to participants residing in shelter or seeking outreach services at the Jim & Jan Moran Family Center.
- Click here for a list of new items we currently need.
- New items may be dropped off at the Jim & Jan Moran Family Center Monday – Thursday 9am-9m and Friday 9am-4pm.
Gently Used Items
You can donate your gently used items to our Women In Distress Thrift Store. When you make tax-deductible donation of gently used clothing, furniture, and household items, you help end domestic violence in our community in two ways: 1) Victims and their families are given vouchers and can select what they need from the store to help rebuild their lives and have a new beginning. 2) Items are sold to the public and 100% of the net proceeds support our emergency shelter, counseling services and our other related programs.
- Click here for a list of gently used items we are always in need of.
- Click here for drop-off locations and more information.
- Click here to donate a car or truck
- Click here to donate your old cell phones, or send them to Women In Distress of Broward County, Inc. at P.O. Box 50187, Lighthouse Point, FL 33074
Gently Used Items
Donation drives are a great way, not only to get involved yourself, but to also get your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers involved in the important work of supporting victims of domestic violence. See below for information on how you can start your own drive, or how you can participate in one of our annual drives.
Host Your Own
- Click here for our Donate Hope Packet with details about how to host your own donation drive, the donation drive form, and a flyer to get the word out about your drive.
- Want to promote your drive? Click here to download and fill out a flyer to post at your school, business, or place of worship.
- Spring Cleaning (February – April): Cleaning out your closets this Spring or looking to remove some clutter? Give to families in need and help rebuild lives.
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day (April & May): Honor a loved one by giving a mom or dad at Women In Distress a happy holiday.
- Back to School (July & August): You can provide children with much needed supplies to excel this new school year.
- Fall Fest (October): Donate costumes for kids and teens and help give our kids a fun fall experience!
- Thanksgiving (November): Help 300 families give thanks this season and consider donating food items for a thanksgiving meal.
- Winter Holiday (December): Make the season bright for a woman, man or child seeking services at Women In Distress. Consider giving the gift of hope.
- Ring In the New Year (December & January): Did you get a new cell phone for the holidays? Start the new year off right and help save a life.
For more information or questions please contact us at 954-760-9800 x 1236.