What is a Community Partner?
Our community partners host events and other activities to raise funds to benefit families affected by domestic violence. Successful partnerships with businesses, foundations, and organizations are fundamental to supporting our programs and allowing Women In Distress to continue to provide our services to women, children and men to help them rebuild their lives and a better future.
Become A Community Partner – Host An Event
If you are interested in hosting an event, please fill out this form and return it to Keytia Ortiz.
- July 11th – Tony Watt’s A Night to Remember Charity Date Auction hosted by Wanda of South Beach Tow and Jill Tracy of Hot 105. Tickets are on sale for $30 at www.eventbrite.com or call 786-408-4711. Donations welcome. Click here for more information.
- August 5th – Oceans 234′s 5th Annual Clothes Off Our Backs supporting Women In Distress. Clean out your closet or just donate the clothes off your back for this worthy cause. Tickets are only $20 and include butler passed appetizers and raffle ticket for a chance to win a luxurious stay-cation on “The Island”. Tickets are on sale here.
- September 5th – South Florida Business Journal 2014 Influential Business Woman Awards. The 2014 Honorees will be honored at an awards luncheon and will also be profiled in a special section of the Business Journal. Women In Distress is the official raffle partner for the event and will receive all proceeds from raffle sales. Click here for more information. For more information, click here.
- September 21 – StyleLuxe Beauty & Fashion Expo- Hosted by Crystal Chanel “The MOC”- Fashion shows, makeup demos, complimentary mini makeover bar, and more. Shop with our vendors • $1 Raffles • All ages are invited • Food for purchase • Complimentary Hors d’ oeuvres & Refreshments • DJ Entertainment. Donations welcome. Click here for more information.
- December 4th – The Galleria’s Men of Style Shopping Night presented by The Signature Grand. Join us as we honor John D. Brant of Patriot National Insurance Group, Inc. & other leading South Florida men with a night of great fashion, food & spirits. Click here for more information.
WomenCertified® the Voice of the Female Consumer, is partnering with WID to build awareness among women and donate to the cause. WomenCertified will donate money on behalf of their female members who participate in national surveys when determining which brands and businesses are most recommended by women. Visit their website today to learn more about what they do.